Friday, October 20, 2006

Would you?




My boss told me he read this book in which this guy goes forward in time , gets a sex change and dates himself. My first reaction to this-" That is really disturbing." Last night, before going to bed a thought struck me " Who knows best what it is like to be me? Who will accept me for all that I am?" One instant answer "Me." Now, you might think I am narcissistic and I probably am. But think. If you are a person who knows what he wants, who is aware of his weaknesses and strengths, how awesome would it be for you to date yourself ( well, the sex change can be optional in your head according to your preferences).

Most of the altercations in a relationship arise with one question "Why don't you understan me?" Why is that? Because the other person is NOT you. Simple. I have heard one of my friends say " Only one man ever understood me, and he didn't understand me." What if that man is you? I think it is true that If we are incapable of finding peace in ourselves, it is pointless to search elsewhere.

However utopian and hypothetical this idea may seem, it makes you wonder..Can you be happy with yourself? Will you ever feel sad or lonely? Will you be stronger as an individual?

The body is a house of many windows: there we all sit, showing ourselves and crying on the passers-by to come and love us.

Labels: